We’re looking for a seasoned web developer with 4+ years experience to join our team of problem solvers at Line 58.
You should be a detail-oriented person with a collaborative spirit and a thirst to know more. Our team is made up of people who apply their specialized skill-sets with a jack-of-all-trades mentality.
Line 58 is an award-winning branding and web design studio located on lively Magazine Street in Uptown New Orleans. We are a team of specialists who delight in pursuing every angle of approach when examining challenges. We never pass up an opportunity to impress or a chance to learn more. Our clients range across industry and specialty, which keeps our days and work fresh and exciting.
Here's what you'll do:
- Apply design principles—including typography, site architecture, clear navigation, UI and UX—to your work.
- Create websites powered by a CMS.
- Organize and prioritize your work effectively and proactively.
- Interact with clients in a meaningful, collaborative, and helpful way
- Learn new skills continually.
You must be able to:
- Work with and navigate *nix systems via the Command Line Interface, and be able to set up and maintain web servers.
- Are experienced with Sass, Less or PostCSS.
- Use Gulp, Grunt, or some other type of build system.
- Understand the importance of Version Control and are at least familiar with Git.
- Oversee website content migrations.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with ExpressionEngine or Craft CMS
- Experience with Vue, React, or similar JS frameworks.
- Experience working with 3rd-party APIs and integrating them into sites.
- Experience writing PHP plugins for ExpressionEngine or Craft CMS.
- Experience extending the core functionality of a CMS by writing custom code (e.g. plugins).
- Comfortable working directly with PHP and MySQL.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, both in tracking and reporting.
We are seeking a full-time employee.
Do you have what it takes? Email us at Please be sure to attach a resume. And if you have an online portfolio, we'd love to see that too.